genuine ethnic borneo

  • RSS

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

holiday gift ideas

January 1, 2008... In This Issue We begin this issue with a memorial section dedicated to two extraordinarily gifted scholars, Reed Wadley and Robert Barrett. Both died, tragically, at the peak of their intellectual powers. Of the two, Reed was the youngest. I first met Reed in 1994 at the BRC meetings...

Reed L. Wadley: 1962-2008.(MEMORIALS)
January 1, 2008... [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Reed Wadley, Associate Professor at the University of Missouri (Columbia) died June 28 after a courageous two-year long battle with Ewing's sarcoma. Dr. Wadley's cremated remains were divided between his family in Idaho and his Iban family in Borneo. He is survived...

In honor of Reed Lee Wadley.(MEMORIALS)
January 1, 2008... Sometime before June 1992, I had heard about a brief study by a doctoral student, Reed Wadley, on the impact of roads in the area of Danau Sentarum Wildlife Reserve. My husband, 10-year old son, and I were headed up the Kapuas River to work in that area of West Kalimantan, Indonesia, and I...

Remembering Reed Wadley--"... and you will.".(In memoriam)
January 1, 2008... In my mind today, I can hear those three short words just as I did during my Ph.D. qualifying exam. The goal that day was for a committee to identify my weaknesses--a necessary, but unpleasant rite of passage--and we had been at it for several hours. A professor posed a question to me,...

Robert John Barrett: 1949-2007.(In memoriam)
January 1, 2008... [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] A Passionate Love: The Contributions of the Late Professor Robert John Barrett Professor Robert John Barrett died suddenly, after a long and difficult illness, on January 12th, 2007. At the time of his death, at the age of 57, he was Head of the Discipline of...

No comments:

Post a Comment